Long An palace
: 14/02/2019 04:19:41
Long An palace was originally built in 1845 on the Northern bank of Ngu Ha canal as the main building of Bao Dinh residence complex for Thieu Tri emperor (1841-1847). In 1908, Long An palace was moved to the present location to be the New Library in its original form of a royal architecture.

In 1913, the Association des Amis du Vieux Hué (AAVH) was established and set its main office at Long An palace. From 1914-1944, AAVH published 122 volumes of the Bulletin des Amis du Vieux Hué (BAVH) of high value in culture, religion, architecture or fine arts, etc.

In 1923, a decree was issued by Khai Dinh emperor to establish Musée Khải Định (present-day Hue Royal Antiquities Museum) that took Long An palace as the main displaying hall.

With the marvellous combination between the art of architecture and decoration, Long An palace is the most beautiful palace in Vietnam nowadays and deserved to be recognized as the World Cultural Heritage.

:
Links
Copyright reserved by Hue Museum of Royal Antiquities
Add: 03 Le Truc St, Hue city, Vietnam
Tel: +84.234.3 524 429 - Fax: +84.234.3 522 879
Email: info@baotangcungdinh.vn
Please specify the source when you copy from this website